NCG Flexible Booking Guarantee
No cancellation fees to postpone or cancel your course during the Covid pandemic.
Applicable for new bookings (made between 5th January 2021 and 31st July 2021).
Because we understand the pressure and concerns felt by those who are considering studying abroad in the near future, we are introducing special, more flexible terms and conditions designed to help all prospective students to plan and book their study at NCG with confidence.
The following special terms and conditions apply to individual self-sponsored students who book a face-to-face course at any one of our centres to study anytime in 2021 or 2022 in case of temporary school closure mandated by the UK or Irish government to prevent the spread of Covid-19, and/or inability to travel due to Covid-19 related official international travel restrictions to the UK or the Republic of Ireland. Outside of these specific circumstances, the standard terms and conditions will apply.
Tuition | Students have the option to:
- Study online with the NCG Online platform; or
- Postpone the course start date within 18 months from the start date originally chosen. This is free of charge providing that communication is given in writing to email@example.com at any point before the original start date. If the postponement is communicated after the original start date, standard terms and conditions will apply; or
- Cancel the course and apply for a refund. Providing that written notice of cancellation is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 calendar days prior to the start date, we will offer a full refund and waive all cancellation charges (we will only deduct from the refund any applicable international bank transfer fees). If less than 7 calendar days of notice are given, an extra cancellation fee equivalent to the price of 1 week of the chosen course option will be deducted from the refund (in addition to any applicable international bank transfer fees). If the cancellation decision is made and communicated after the original start date of the course, standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply.
Accommodation | The options available are:
- Postponement: Students have the option to postpone the accommodation booking start date (in line with the postponement of the course start date) within 18 months of the original start date. This is free of charge providing that written notice of the postponement is sent to email@example.com no later than 7 calendar days prior to the original accommodation booking start date. If the notice is received less than 7 calendar days prior to the original accommodation booking start date, a cancellation fee equivalent to the price of 1 week of the chosen accommodation option will be deducted from the postponed booking. If notice is given after the original accommodation booking start date, standard terms and conditions will apply; or
- Cancellation: If a student wishes to cancel the accommodation booking and apply for a refund, they will have to provide a cancellation notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days prior to the accommodation booking start date in order to obtain a full refund with no cancellation charges (we will only deduct any applicable international bank transfer fees). If less than 7 calendar days of notice are given, an extra cancellation fee equivalent to the price of 1 week of the chosen accommodation option will be deducted from the refund (in addition to any applicable international bank transfer fees). If the cancellation decision is made and communicated after the original start date of the accommodation booking, standard cancellation terms and conditions will apply.
- Accommodation exceptions: These special terms and conditions are not applicable to certain student residences. The specific terms and conditions applicable to these student residences will communicated at the time of booking.
In case of cancellation or postponement, the fee paid for medical/travel insurance can only be refunded if the insurance policy has not been issued yet.
EXISTING BOOKINGS (made between 31st August 2020 and 4th January 2021) who have either started the face-to-face course or are due to start until 30th April 2021.
- Tuition: Students have the option to study online with the NCG Online platform. Any requests for course cancellation or postponement must be made in writing to email@example.com and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis depending on each student’s personal circumstances. If the request is approved, a credit voucher for any fully unused weeks will be issued and no cancellation fee will be deducted from the voucher.
- Accommodation: In case of cancellation or postponement, a credit voucher for any fully unused weeks will be issued on condition that we are given at least 1 full week’s (Sunday to Sunday) notice. If less than 1 full week’s (Sunday to Sunday) notice is provided, a cancellation fee equivalent to 1 full week (Sunday to Sunday) of the chosen accommodation option will be deducted from the credit voucher. Certain student residences are excluded from these special terms and conditions and are subject to specific terms and conditions (you can find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Medical/travel insurance: In case of cancellation or postponement, a credit voucher can be provided only if the insurance policy has not been issued yet.
The credit vouchers are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- They are transferable (subject to extra charges depending on the characteristics and/or requirements of the person they are transferred to – e.g. under-18 supplements; special diet requirements; etc.);
- They can be redeemed for bookings to be completed by 31st July 2022;
- They can be redeemed for bookings at the same centre of the original booking and for the same course and accommodation types. If a different centre, course or accommodation option is chosen, extra charges may apply but if a cheaper option is chosen no refunds or further credits will be offered;
- In exceptional circumstances and entirely at NCG’s discretion, accommodation credit vouchers can be converted into tuition credit (for either face-to-face or online tuition) based on the value of the accommodation originally booked and paid for.
Covid-19 and your visa & travelling
We would like to remind you that there are some rules in place for those entering the UK. You can find out more about these rules here. In particular, please be aware that:
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL TO THE UK you will have to:
AFTER YOU HAVE ARRIVED IN THE UK you will have to quarantine for 10 days. During this period you will have to remain in your accommodation and you will have to have food and other necessities delivered to you (unless you are staying with one of our homestay hosts!).
Make sure you follow the rule above or you may be fined up to £10,000.
If you wish to shorten the quarantine period from 10 to 5 days, you can opt into the Test to release scheme and take an additional test on day 5 of your quarantine from a private provider. If the result of this test is negative, you can end the quarantine but you will still have to take the test on day 8 after arrival.
The Minister for Justice, has announced a further temporary extension of immigration and international protection permissions to 20 September 2021. This applies to permissions that are due to expire between 21 April 2021 and 20 September 2021 and includes permissions that have already been extended by the previous 6 temporary extensions. All passengers arriving in Ireland are required to have a negative Covid-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before arrival. International visitors must self-isolate for 14 days unless they are travelling from a country that is “green” or “orange” on the EU traffic lights system. For more information about arrivals to Ireland, please see here.
The current advice from the Irish visa authorities is as follows.
Students who left the State before completion of their studies due to COVID-19 may return and resume studies on the course they were enrolled on and holidays will apply as normal.
If you have an existing visa with unused study weeks on it, you have a few different options:
• Attend our online courses for those weeks remaining on your course whilst still in Ireland.
• Attend our online course from your home country for the remainder of unused weeks of your study.
• If you have returned to your country, keep your remaining weeks as a credit on your account with NCG and return to Ireland in the future with a new visa to complete your study.
Whichever option you select is up to you. Once you have decided please let NCG know via email@example.com
The Minister for Justice has announced a further temporary extension of immigration and international protection permissions to 20 April 2021. This applies to permissions that are due to expire between 21 January 2021 and 20 April 2021. The renewal of permission is on the same basis as the existing permission and the same conditions attach. This extension will benefit those who cannot get an appointment to register or renew an existing permission.
However, we encourage anyone who can renew, particularly Dublin-based students who can use the online system, to do so and not to wait until April. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Burgh Quay Registration Office will close on 23 December. Students with appointments for first time registrations are being contacted directly by the Immigration Service and they will be prioritised for appointments once the Public Office can safely reopen.
The below weblink should also be of assistance with any queries you may have: